How to find relief from sciatica pain with natural home remedies
For the most part, sciatica can be treated without expensive medications and surgery, but it can take some time to figure out which natural home remedies will provide you with relief from sciatica pain.
While there are many different reasons why you may be experiencing sciatica pain, there are several steps you can take in order to speed up the healing process and regain your mobility as soon as possible.
The following are 6 of the best natural home remedies for sciatica pain relief.
Introducing your body to sitting upright
Sitting upright is the first thing you should do if you’re experiencing any type of back or neck pain.
The most common cause of lower back and neck pain is sitting in an uncomfortable position for too long. When your body senses this discomfort, it will send messages to your brain telling it that something is wrong, which can result in headaches, nausea and many other types of discomfort. To avoid these symptoms while sitting at a desk, try the following
Sitting or lying down, close your eyes and focus on the breath going in and out of the nose. Continue focusing on the breath and allow any thoughts, feelings, or sensations to come up without resistance. The idea is not to try and get rid of anything that comes up but instead just observe it.
This is a basic mindfulness meditation. Don’t worry if you are unable to do it at first because there are many apps available for this purpose including Headspace, Stop Breathe Think and Insight Timer.
1. Bend forward and stretch your arms over your head as far as you can. Take a deep breath, hold it for five seconds, then let it out. Repeat five times.
2. Lie flat on the floor and extend one leg straight up in the air while bending the opposite knee toward the chest; hold this position for 10 seconds then switch legs. Repeat 10 times per side.
3. Sit upright on the edge of a chair with both feet flat on the ground. Press down through your feet into the floor and push your bottom back against the chair until you feel a mild stretch in your hamstring muscles at the back of your thigh. Hold this position for 20 seconds.
4. Sit upright on the edge of a chair with both feet flat on the ground. Lean forward slightly from hips until you feel a mild stretch in your lower back muscles along either side of spine (sitting too far back will make lower back muscles tight). Hold this position for 20 seconds.
5 The goal is to try stretching more each day until there is no longer any pain or tightness in those muscle groups
Natural Home Remedies
The natural home remedies for sciatica are not always the first choice of a person who is suffering but they can be one of the most effective treatments.
There are many home remedies that can help give you instant relief and may even make it possible for you to get back on your feet and start living a normal life again. Here are some natural home remedies that have proven track records of helping people get rid of their sciatica:
1) Heat therapy
2) Massage therapy – there are a number of different massage techniques that can provide relief, including using your hands or using ice to numb the area and relieve pressure.
3) Essential oils – You don’t need to go out and buy a whole lot of things in order to use essential oils as natural home remedies for sciatica. If you have an essential oil diffuser, add two drops per teaspoon into the water reservoir.
2 thoughts on “The Everyday Sciatica Pain Relief”
Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos
the themes is WP Newspaper you can install and activate from your WP dashboard plugins
Comments are closed.